- Brain=yes, body=no
- Hip hip hurrah!
- Stalled and stumbling
- Martial art priorities: part 1
- Your best Iaido/Jitsu/Aikido happens when you’re tired?
- Breaking a kata into steps
- Am I practising it right?
- Furikaburi to Kirioroshi
- International Women’s Day
- Blog from Kai Morgan: Discover your Depths – Seven insights for martial artists from a world record-holding freediver
Search the blog
- Follow Mae-no-sen on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: ukemi
So I’ve hit that point which, without doubt, I will encounter over and over again on my journey through learning aikido and jiu jitsu. At this moment in time “that point” is occurring in aikido. Experienced martial artists will nod … Continue reading
I have had to take a break from training this week, due to my lack of reactions while practising my aikido at the weekend. It was a small class, just the four of us and sensei. With me were two … Continue reading
Either my Saturday Aikido sensei is reading my blog or he’s developed the ability to read my mind, because this week our training focused on the movements of uke. Additionally I was delighted at the range of feedback and discussion … Continue reading