- Hip hip hurrah!
- Stalled and stumbling
- Martial art priorities: part 1
- Your best Iaido/Jitsu/Aikido happens when you’re tired?
- Breaking a kata into steps
- Am I practising it right?
- Furikaburi to Kirioroshi
- International Women’s Day
- Blog from Kai Morgan: Discover your Depths – Seven insights for martial artists from a world record-holding freediver
- Leave the ego at the door
Search the blog
- Follow Mae-no-sen on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: teaching
Ego – def. a person’s sense of self-esteem or self-importance. Saying someone has a large ego or a super-ego is generally meant as an insult yet arguably we need some ego in order to keep functioning in daily life. Lack … Continue reading
The UK has recently been made aware of historic child sex abuse in football, but sadly it would seem that football is not the only sport where this has happened. While we have currently legal measures in place to vet … Continue reading
Two new people joined our iaido school last month, which means I am no longer the very bottom of the class. Which also means when we line up at the start and end of the class I need to be … Continue reading
I have a neighbour, let’s call him Alun, who loves road cycling. He rarely takes part in any competitive cycling but everyday he is out on his bike cycling the roads of the UK. And I mean every single day. … Continue reading