- Hip hip hurrah!
- Stalled and stumbling
- Martial art priorities: part 1
- Your best Iaido/Jitsu/Aikido happens when you’re tired?
- Breaking a kata into steps
- Am I practising it right?
- Furikaburi to Kirioroshi
- International Women’s Day
- Blog from Kai Morgan: Discover your Depths – Seven insights for martial artists from a world record-holding freediver
- Leave the ego at the door
Search the blog
- Follow Mae-no-sen on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Injury
I have been thinking a great deal about adaptability in martial arts of late. Every modern martial art has evolved over the years, no style has remained static. Of the martial arts I practise it is a requirement for the … Continue reading
Feedback Firstly, thank you to all that gave me feedback on my last post over on Google Plus. Your comments have been helpful in many ways, and I hope to write a follow up article on the matter. Falling On … Continue reading
I have had to take a break from training this week, due to my lack of reactions while practising my aikido at the weekend. It was a small class, just the four of us and sensei. With me were two … Continue reading
There are multiple direct benefits from learning a martial art. I’m sure most of you reading this will acknowledge at least one item from the following common list. Self defence Increased self-confidence Greater patience Becoming a better person in general … Continue reading
What happened? Within the space of six days I attempted to grade in Jitsu and Aikido, in that order. Jitsu notes vs Aikido notes Jitsu: Kyu grades from 8th to 1st. I went into the grading a 6th kyu. Aikido: … Continue reading