- Hip hip hurrah!
- Stalled and stumbling
- Martial art priorities: part 1
- Your best Iaido/Jitsu/Aikido happens when you’re tired?
- Breaking a kata into steps
- Am I practising it right?
- Furikaburi to Kirioroshi
- International Women’s Day
- Blog from Kai Morgan: Discover your Depths – Seven insights for martial artists from a world record-holding freediver
- Leave the ego at the door
Search the blog
- Follow Mae-no-sen on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Iaido
Sometimes we get so focused on the whole form of a kata or throwing technique that we forget the importance of being precise in the elements that make it up. Continue reading
Ego – def. a person’s sense of self-esteem or self-importance. Saying someone has a large ego or a super-ego is generally meant as an insult yet arguably we need some ego in order to keep functioning in daily life. Lack … Continue reading
An interesting article on the benefits of practising iaido alone. Continue reading
What does modern day druidry and martial arts have in common? More than you think. Continue reading
Even on the defence you can be launching an attack Continue reading
Alternative title: the problem with wearing martial arts clothes designed for men when you are a woman. A consequence of my persistent back injury has been a pause in my jiu-jitsu training, a slow down in my aikido training, and … Continue reading