- Hip hip hurrah!
- Stalled and stumbling
- Martial art priorities: part 1
- Your best Iaido/Jitsu/Aikido happens when you’re tired?
- Breaking a kata into steps
- Am I practising it right?
- Furikaburi to Kirioroshi
- International Women’s Day
- Blog from Kai Morgan: Discover your Depths – Seven insights for martial artists from a world record-holding freediver
- Leave the ego at the door
Search the blog
- Follow Mae-no-sen on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Yesterday I spent a happy half hour in jitsu practising groundwork techniques. The good points were: Matched with someone who was good training partner. (He was more skilled but lighter than me, so it all balanced out.) Progression of technique. … Continue reading
Ever had this moment? You happily set off to train at the dojo, eager to go and do your best or learn something new, but as you approach the doors you find yourself thinking, “please can Bob not be there.” … Continue reading
Two events happened during jitsu training yesterday which led to the creation of this post. 1) I went in to punch someone, whose resultant block caused me to punch myself in my own mouth. My punch was admittedly sloppy and … Continue reading
I am moving. Again! Well, more returning to the city where I started to learn jiu jitsu, and this has raised a small dilemma in my mind. There are two active aikido clubs in the area, one of which is … Continue reading
For 16 years I worked as an engineer on merchant ships. Mostly tankers, which saw me away from home for up to five months at a time. The work was physical, it was frequently carried out in temperatures exceeding 40 … Continue reading