- Hip hip hurrah!
- Stalled and stumbling
- Martial art priorities: part 1
- Your best Iaido/Jitsu/Aikido happens when you’re tired?
- Breaking a kata into steps
- Am I practising it right?
- Furikaburi to Kirioroshi
- International Women’s Day
- Blog from Kai Morgan: Discover your Depths – Seven insights for martial artists from a world record-holding freediver
- Leave the ego at the door
Search the blog
- Follow Mae-no-sen on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Iaido
What ever martial art you do there must have been the first time your sensei/teacher pushed you to the limits until you were physically tired and barely able to lift your arms to block, or find the energy to think … Continue reading
Sometimes we get so focused on the whole form of a kata or throwing technique that we forget the importance of being precise in the elements that make it up. Continue reading
Is my practise outside the dojo a help or a hindrance? Is it better to accumulate mistakes during your own practise or should you wait until you are in the dojo to make them? Continue reading